Hope you're having an awesome week! Let me just tell you some things about the week ahead…
According to the Farmer's Almanac,this is the 167th day of 2012! Ya got 198 left 'til Happy New Years 2013!!
The moon is 28% full today.
Th' almanac says this the best day ever for putting in vine crops, washing wood floors, and castrating your goats (not an awesome day for little billy goat, tho! No wonder he's gruff!)…
On this day in 1752, Ben Franklin was shocked to discover that lightning hitting a key on a kite was more exciting than he anticipated!
Today in 1938, Johnny Vandemeer pitched a no-hitter for the Reds…his second one in a row!!
On this date in 1667, the first blood transfusion was successfully done in France, using sheep blood on a little boy! They asked him how he felt afterwards and he said, "not baaaaahhhhd!"
"Hee Haw" was first on TV on this date in 1967! Makes me want to pick n' grin!
This is the birthday of Waylon Jennings (former Hee Haw star!) and the famous Norwegian skier, Herman Smith Johannsen in 1875 (I know, me neither!)
These are just some of the things we know about this week we're livin'! We don't really know what the rest of the week has for us. We don't know what the weather will be. We don't know if anyone will have a trip to make to the ER after stepping on something…I saw a fender bender this morning on Solway (actually a little more than the fender was bent! And somebody's attitude might have been a little out of shape as well!) and they didn't know that THAT was going to happen when they pulled out of separate driveways this morning!
Lots we don't know about the week ahead!
But (besides Waylon's birthday) here are some things we DO know in this week of 2012! These are all Scriptures with the phrase, "…we know…" in them. Here's my "we know" list! Ready?
1) Nicodemus said, "Jesus we know You are…sent from God" (John 3:2)
2) "We know Jesus is the Savior of the world!"( John 4:42)
3) "We know that suffering produces perseverance…" (Romans 5:3)
4) "We know that Christ was raised from the dead…" (Romans 6:9)
5) "We know that all things work together for good for those who love God..." (Romans 8:28)
6) "We know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus…" (2 Corinthians 4:14)
7) "We know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands…" (2 Corinthians 5:1)
8) "We know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is…" (1 John 3:2)
9) "We know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us!" (1 John 3:16)
10) "We know that we are children of God!" (1 John 5 19)
There may be a ton we don't know about what's ahead this week, but if "we know" that Jesus is risen (#4)
…and whatever problems happen are good for us (#3)
…and they work out in a perfectly beautiful plan (#5)
…and it'll all be over soon anyway, and we're heading for home! (#6, #7, #8)
…and Jesus loves us no matter what! (#9)
…and we're God's kids (#10)…I know all I need to know to have a joy-filled week!
So what if Ty Cobb stole home for the 50th time on this date in 1928?
Who cares if Paul McCartney met John Lennon at a church party on this date in 1956?
I know things that matter!!
What else do you need to know!?
Maybe just these announcements…so…
Blog: Tom Job