How ‘about this SNOW DAY!? Well, it’s not really much of one, but it’s a start! And here’s the forecast for the weekend…
“Snow flurries early this morning, otherwise decreasing clouds becoming mostly sunny, breezy and staying cold with highs only in the middle 30s… Lows Friday night dip into the middle to upper teens… Saturday night there could be a few flurries with that system, but no problems anticipated…”
Actually, a lot of people have anticipated more problems today than they really will have…
You know, Friday the 13th and all…
The National Geographic estimated that $900,000,000 will be lost today in business because some won’t fly, travel, or go to work because of the date. They suffer from “paraskevidekatriaphobia” (fear of Friday 13th). Nobody knows where it came from, but it’s the most widely believed superstition in America!
Isn’t that crazy?
People just expecting the worst for no reason at all!!
Sometimes I think that this is a big difference that Jesus makes in the heart! Because of Him...because He reigns over all as King of kings and Lord of our hearts, we can expect good things to come to us, instead of seeing the bad in things all the time! And always expecting the worst!
Check this out from Psalm 31…
“How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you!”
Good things, stored and on the way!
Even if we have to go thru hard times, He is doing something amazing in and thru them that couldn’t happen any other way!
Just think of the good things you can expect to happen to you this week!
Let’s make a list!
1) Today, all things will work together for good for us who love God (Romans 8.28)
2) And with the snow, it’s good to remember that He has made our sins “white as snow!” (Isaiah 1.18)
3) And He’s in control of everything that happens! Even the “snow, clouds and winds do His bidding!” (Psalm 148.8)
4) On Sunday, we’ll meet together and sing praises to Him! And our hearts will be filled with love for Him for the week ahead! That’s a beautiful thing to look forward to!
5) And also we ……just like I was hoping it would! See? God has good things for us! Expect ‘em!
Blog: Tom Job